Friday, March 21, 2008

Review of U2's BOY, from July 1981 Guitar World


I was going through a few of my other old Guitar Player magazines when I came across this piece of paper stuck in one of them. It is a review of BOY, U2's first album, from the July 1981 issue.
I became a fan of u2 around this time, after hearing a live version of "The Electric Co." on the radio one late night. It is amazing that this piece of paper has survived all these years.
I am still a fan of U2, although I did not really like the Zooropa and Pop phase.
I find their music inspiring and I am glad to say our kids like them, too.
I have another early article on Edge written around this time. I will look around for it today, as I am home today. We now have about 6 inches of snow on the ground, just waiting for me to shovel it out of the driveway.
Click on the image for a larger version.

No comments: