Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Borrowing the Past video by Eliot Rausch

I love the website, Vimeo. I am a fan of short films and animations. This site the best one on the internet for showcasing film makers, who range from established and well known directors to students at film schools. I came across this one by Eliot Rausch, with music by Rhiann Sheehan, set to a poem by Roger Stewart. This is one of the best ones I have ever seen. Watch it all the way to the end as the music keeps going.



Borrowing the Past from Eliot Rausch + Phos Pictures on Vimeo.

Here is the poem:

Awake, O Sleeper!
You kids of yesterday
You forefathers of tomorrow
This is our world
Welcome

We were never perfect

You’re young, and that gives you energy
Stay rooted to the ground
Give thanks for what you’ve received

Our greatest gift is yet to be seen

You will try
But you may fail
And in those moments you will know our mistakes
You will recognize our intent
And you will begin to know our kind

You will tell our stories
And in return we will tell yours

Awake, O Sleeper!
Hear the tone of a reminder long forgotten
Our song is of goodness
Our song is of humanity
It isn’t long
And it isn’t always sweet
But it’s for you

Awake, O Sleeper!
I’ve heard your call at dawn
I recognize your warnings
I see you in their face
Like crystal in transparency
I see your beaten path

Your music rings through my ears, singing hymns at break of day
You lullaby my sleep

We stand upon your surface

Awake, O Sleeper!
We shine brightly for the day

And we see where you have led us
And we know where we must go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.